Mark Moriarty’s Irish Beef Stew Autumn Recipe with M&S
M&S is delighted to share the second of four recipes in partnership with chef, Mark Moriarty as part of his Autumn campaign. A collection of four mouth-watering, winter-warmer recipes, perfect for those cooler winter evenings.
The second of Mark’s winter-warmer recipes see’s Mark create a classic beef stew using fresh Irish produce from M&S. The much-loved, traditional recipe takes on a new twist with clever combinations of flavoursome ingredients including 100% Irish beef, portobello mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and Mark’s secret ingredient, the Cook With M&S smoked tomato paste.
This recipe showcases the best of M&S’ produce and focuses on the clever combination of simple yet flavoursome ingredients for a truly delicious, savoury and rich in flavour dish which is easy to create at home.
- 400 g diced Irish beef
- 2 carrots diced
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 1 jar pickled pearl onions
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 jar Cook With M&S smoked tomato paste
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 300 ml Red wine
- 1 litre beef stock
- Handful thyme
- 20 ml Worcestershire sauce
- Flat leaf parsley to finish
- Preheat the oven to 130c
- Heat a heavy based saucepan, add some oil and brown the beef all over at the highest heat
- Add the carrots, mushrooms and pickled pearl onions, colour over a high heat
- Reduce heat and add the tomato paste, garlic and flour, stir together
- Now increase the heat and add the wine, reduce by half
- Add enough beef stock to cover, season with pepper and some Worcestershire sauce, bring to the boil and cover with a lid
- Place in the oven for 2 hours until the meat is soft and the sauce thickened
- Serve with a potato side from the M&S range