Entertain guests with AVOCA’s Glossy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Tart recipe. The smooth creamy peanut butter filling is perfectly balanced by the buttery biscuit base and the rich chocolate ganache topping. The perfect dessert to get rid of any left-over Easter Egg chocolate.
For the crust:
- 100g butter
- 2 1⁄2 tbsp golden syrup
- 250g digestive biscuits, crushed into crumbs
For the filling:
- 250g full-fat cream cheese
- 170g chunky peanut butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 180ml cream, whipped
For the topping:
- 30g caster sugar
- 140ml cream
- 60g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 30g butter, diced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- First make the crust. Melt the butter and golden syrup together in a small saucepan, then pour it over the crushed digestives and stir to combine.
- Press firmly and evenly into the base and up the sides of a 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then allow to cool on a wire rack.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar together, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon onto the biscuit base and smooth the top, then chill in the fridge while you make the topping.
- To make the topping, put the sugar and cream in a medium-sized saucepan over a medium heat. As soon as it comes to the boil – and keep a close eye on it, as you don’t want to scald the cream and also because it can quickly bubble up and over the sides of the saucepan – reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, until it has thickened slightly and turned a pale yellow colour.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate and butter until they have melted and the ganache is nice and smooth. Allow to cool slightly, then pour on top of the tart.
- Chill for 1 hour in the fridge, until the filling and topping have both set firm.
Glossy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Tart Recipe by Avoca