Serves: 6 people
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 250g The Pantry Plain Flour
- 1 tsp The Pantry Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Stonemill Sea Salt
- 125g Irish Kilkeely Butter, unsalted
- 100g The Pantry Light Brown Sugar
- 100g The Pantry Caster Sugar
- 1 Healy’s Farm Free Range Large Egg
- 1 tsp The Pantry Vanilla Extract
- 100g Moser Roth 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate
- 100g The Pantry White Chocolate Chips
- Gianni’s Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Measure the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl, forking together to mix.
- With an electric mixer, or by hand, beat the butter and sugar until you have a light and creamy mixture, then add the vanilla extract and the egg, beating again to incorporate.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture, then, once it’s all mixed in, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Add to cast iron dish and bake in the BBQ for 15-18 minutes until golden on top but still gooey inside.
- Rest for 3 minutes on coming out of the BBQ and serve.
*all recipes devised for Aldi by Chef Mike Reid.