This rocky road is the perfect Christmas treat thanks to its festive colour scheme. It would be a great handmade gift to make for someone, wrapped up in a gorgeous parcel – what a lovely surprise for a lucky recipient!
Ingredients: Makes 16
- 70g macadamia nuts
- 600g white chocolate, chopped
- 70g butter, diced
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- zest of 1 orange
- 150g digestive biscuits, broken
- into bite-sized pieces
- 70g glacé cherries
- 15g dried apricots, chopped
- 15g dried cranberries
- 15g freeze-dried raspberries
- Line a 20cm square brownie tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Toast the macadamia nuts in a hot dry frying pan over a medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until they begin to turn golden brown. Tip out onto a plate and allow to cool.
- Put the white chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Once the chocolate and butter have melted, stir in the orange zest.
- Remove the bowl from the pan. Working fast, stir in the toasted macadamia nuts along with the digestives, cherries, apricots and cranberries – the mixture will start to set quite quickly.
- Scrape into the lined tin, then scatter over the freeze-dried raspberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight, until set firm.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before cutting into small squares with a hot knife. Simply dip a sharp knife into a measuring jug of just-boiled water from the kettle, then wipe it dry and use immediately.
Avoca at Home is filled with over 100 delicious recipes in a beautiful hardback book, designed and written by their own creative team. The fabulous chefs from their restaurants, cafés, bakeries, and central kitchen shared their own most-loved recipes for this book, and they are very proud of each and every one.
A perfect gift for foodies and home cooks, Avoca’s new cookbook boasts Avoca classics with contemporary twists as well as exciting new dishes, and tips and tricks from their gardeners, chefs, and design team on how to recreate the Avoca experience at home! A celebration of home cooking and of sharing delicious, indulgent, comforting food at home, order your copy today!