Merry Christmas everyone! Serve these on a sharing platter and let everyone build their own little prawn cocktail bites for a perfect Christmas dinner party starter or canapé with a glass of champagne. A great start to Christmas Day while opening presents.
FOR THE MARIE ROSE SAUCE
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Lemon juice and zest 1 lemon
- pinch cayenne
FOR THE TOMATO SALSA
- 4 to tomatoes deseeded and finely diced
- 1 red onion small finely diced • 11⁄2 tbsp Tabasco
- 3 Little Gem lettuces leaves separated
- 300 g prawns I use a mixture of king prawns and north Atlantic prawns cooked and peeled
- 200 g crabmeat white
- 0.5 bunch chives snipped bunch
- 1 lemon to serve (optional) wedges
- Mix all the ingredients for the Marie Rose sauce and set aside in the fridge. Do the same with the tomato salsa ingredients. These can be chilled for up to 24 hrs.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves, prawns, crab and chives in separate bowls. Put everything on the table with a pile of lemon wedges.
- At the table, add some prawns and crab to the lettuce leaves, spoon over some tomato salsa and Marie Rose sauce, and scatter over a few chives. Squeeze over a little lemon juice, if you like.