This rocky road recipe is so chunky and satisfyingly crunchy. It’s loaded with chocolate malt balls, mini marshmallows and chocolate malt ball spread, which keeps the bake slightly soft and creamy, even after being in the refrigerator, making it easier to bite and to cut – result!
Time: 15 minutes to make, 3 hours for chilling
- 250g (9oz) chocolate malt balls (I use Maltesers)
- 70g (11⁄2 cups) mini marshmallows
- 400g (14oz) milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100g (51⁄2 tbsp) chocolate malt ball spread (I use Maltesers spread) or any other chocolate spread
Swap idea: Replace the milk chocolate with white for a super-sweet and creamy alternative
- Line a 20cm (8in) square baking tin with nonstick baking paper.
- Mix together the chocolate malt balls and mini marshmallows in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Put the milk chocolate and chocolate spread into a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 30-second bursts, stirring at each interval, until melted. Alternatively, melt in a double boiler.
- Leave the melted chocolate mixture to cool for 5 minutes (to help prevent the chocolate covering the malt balls from melting), then pour it over the marshmallow mixture and stir until everything is completely coated.
- Scoop the mixture into your prepared tin, pressing it out to the edges, then chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours, or until the chocolate has set. Using a sharp knife, cut into 16 pieces and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Eloise Head, known online as Fitwaffle, has amassed a following of more than 4 million across her social media platforms with her fun, simple and indulgent bakes. A personal trainer, turned food influencer, turned baker, Eloise’s recipes inspire, spread joy and bring people together through the love of delicious food. Eloise has a passion for fitness and nutrition, resisting the idea that you can’t enjoy the foods you love and stay healthy at the same time.
From cakes, cookies and traybakes to mug cakes, sweet breakfasts and desserts, Fitwaffle’s Baking It Easy proves that baking doesn’t have to be complicated or need fancy ingredients, but should be fun, relaxing and a little messy too.
Chocolate Malt Ball Rocky Road Recipe by Eloise Head from FitWaffle