Whole Wheat Pasta Recipe with Tenderstem Broccoli, Chilli and Anchovies
This whole wheat pasta recipe is a perfect mid week meal that makes great use of seasonal Tenderstem Broccoli. Surprisingly simple, this is a great dish to impress your friends with.
– 200g Tenderstem Broccoli
– 160g wholewheat spaghetti
– 60ml olive oil
– 6 anchovies
– 4 small garlic clove
– 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
– 2 tbsp parmesan
1. Cut the tenderstem broccoli into bitesize pieces. Chop the anchovies into small pieces and drain them.
2. Chop the garlic clove. Grate the parmesan.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and cook pasta according to pack instructions.
4. 2 mins before the end of its cooking time, add the broccoli to the pot.
5. Cook altogether until the broccoli is fork tender. Drain, then cover and set aside; reserve some of the cooking water.
6. Heat up the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
7. Add the garlic, anchovies and chilli flakes and cook gently for a few minutes until the garlic is very lightly golden and the anchovies breaking apart (adjust the heat if you need to, to ensure the garlic doesn’t brown).
8. Return the large pot to the stove over medium heat.
9. Add the drained pasta, broccoli and anchovy oil, along with a splash of the reserved pasta water.
10. Stir gently for 1-2 mins, until well combined and hot (top up with an extra splash of pasta water if necessary)
11. Serve immediately, topped with grated parmesan.
All ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer.
Marks & Spencer offers an extensive range of food and wine. There are 17 stores in the Republic of Ireland. To find your nearest store visit www.marksandspencer.ie.