This Swiss Roll Pancake Recipe has been a favourite of mine since the beginning of my journey. It is really filling and could easily make a lighter breakfast for two people. It is a delicious way of getting lots of protein to start your day. I love making these for everyone at the weekend. You can add nut butters, fruit or chocolate spreads – whatever you fancy!
446 kcal / 31.5g protein per portion
- 40g porridge oats
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g fat-free Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of baking powder
- 100g vanilla-flavoured quark or protein yoghurt (I use Aldi 25g protein vanilla yoghurt)
- 2 tbsp reduced-sugar strawberry jam
- 100g strawberries, chopped
- In a blender, whizz the oats to a flour-like consistency.
- Add the egg, yoghurt, cocoa powder and baking powder and blend into a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a non-stick pan over a medium heat to make one large, thick pancake.
- When you see small holes appear in the top it is ready to flip over and cook the other side.
- Lay the pancake on a plate, spread the vanilla quark all over it and then add the jam on top.
- Scatter some chopped strawberries over the jam. I like to roll up the pancake and slice it like a Swiss roll!
TIP: I roll it up nice and tight, so I don’t add too many strawberries. Hold the pancake closed with one hand and use your other hand to slice it.
‘I chose the name ‘Jen’s Journey’ because that is exactly what it is. It has
never been a smooth road, and there are so many areas to cover when sharing
this kind of story. Not just the meals that helped me get there but also the tears, the
hard days, the negative thoughts and the shame. These are all a part
of my journey, and they are all equally important.’
Jen’s remarkable story sets the stage for more than 70 of her favourite recipes, including her Instagram-famous spice bag and a variety of sauces from a self-proclaimed condiment connoisseur.
Each including calorie and protein counts for easy goal-keeping, Jen’s recipes are classic staples with a healthy, simple twist, ideal for anyone looking to embark on their own food and fitness journey.