Sticky Pulled Pork Burgers Recipe by Siúcra
Our Sticky Pulled Pork Burgers are sure to delight the whole family and take centre stage at the dinner table. Succulent meat and flavoursome slaw, the burgers are quick and easy to whip up too.
Serve with some chunky chips for a finishing touch.
2kg pork shoulder, skin scored with a sharp knife
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp ground cumin
2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp Siúcra Brown Sugar
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
250ml vegetable stock
250ml apple cider
For the slaw
½ purple cabbage, shredded
½ cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, grated
½ red onion, thinly sliced
4 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp Siúcra Caster Sugar
50g BBQ sauce
For the burger
6 brioche burger buns
6tbsp BBQ sauce
1. For the pork, with a sharp knife, make little slits all over the pork.
2. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, spices, brown sugar and olive oil. Rub all over the pork.
3. Place the slices of onion in the base of the slow cooker and put the pork on top. Pour in the stock. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 until the meat is falling off the bone.
4. Transfer the pork to a chopping board and use two forks to shred the meat. Discard the skin and as much fat as desired.
5. Place the pork in a bowl and add 30ml of the liquid from the slow cooker. Toss through the BBQ sauce and set aside.
6. For the slaw, in a small bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot and red onion. Add the vinegar and sugar and toss to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
7. To assemble the burger, spread the bottom bun with some BBQ sauce. Add some of the pulled pork and a layer of the pickled slaw. Spread mayo on the top of the bun, place on top and serve with chunky chips.