Salted Almond Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe From Lily O’Brien’s
Super simple to make, straight in the mug and baked to perfection in less than 2 minutes – it’s the most delicious way to treat anybody who loves chocolate.
- 30g plain flour
- 50g granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 43g unsalted butter, melted
- 3tbsp whole milk
- 1 small egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 28g Lily O’Brien’s Crunchy Salted Almond Chocolate – snapped into pieces
- 1 tbsp water
- Fruit for serving
- In a 2-cup capacity microwave-safe cup or mug, use a fork to whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- Add the melted butter, milk, egg and vanilla to the mixture and whisk well to combine, making sure to mix all the flour sitting in the bottom of the mug.
- Drop the chocolate pieces in the centre of the mug (don’t push down) which will simply sink as it bakes.
- Drizzle the tablespoon of water on top of the batter.
- Cook in microwave on full power for 1 minute and 30 seconds or until the cake rises to the top.When ready the edges will look set but the surface of the middle of the cake will look slightly wet and shiny. Timing will vary according to your microwave, so you’ll have to experiment until you find your perfect cooking duration, however, do not over bake to ensure you have the perfect saucy chocolate interior. If the centre still looks raw then cook for another 5 to 10 seconds. The cake will fall after it comes out of the microwave.
- Leave it cool for about 5 minutes, top with fruit and/or ice cream, then leave Mum in peace to eat her special chocolate cake! 🙂