Salmon, Smoked Haddock and Pea Chowder Recipe by Rachel Allen
This chowder recipe is a perfect dish for the family. It is very tasty and also quick and easy to make!
– 50g butter
– 120g leeks, halved lengthways, then cut into 5mm slices
– 150g spring onions, green and white parts sliced, kept separate
– 600g potatoes, cut into 1cm dice
– 1 litre light chicken, fish or vegetable stock
– 120g smoked haddock fillet, cut into 1–2cm chunks
– 200g salmon fillet, cut into 1–2cm (.–.in) chunks
– 100g peas
– 50ml regular or double cream
– 3 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Melt the butter in a large pan and add the leeks, the white parts of the spring onions and the potatoes.
2. Cook over a low heat for 10 minutes or until the leeks and spring onions are soft but not coloured.
3. Add the stock and bring it to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
4. Add the smoked haddock, salmon, peas and the green parts of the spring onions.
5. Cook for a further 5 minutes, then add the cream and chopped parsley and cook for a further 2–3 minutes.
6. Serve piping hot.
Recipe from My Mother is available to purchase from harpercollins.co.uk.