Raspberry Pancake Stack with Rose Cream Recipe By Siúcra
What better start to the day than a breakfast made with love. These delicious Raspberry Pancake Stack with Rose Cream recipe from Siúcra is sure to make tastebuds tingle.
For the filling
- 120 ml crème fraiche
- 200 ml cream
- 70 g Siúcra Icing Sugar
- 2 to 3 drops rosewater
For the pancakes
- 220 g plain flour
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 4 tbsp Siúcra Light Golden-Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 240 ml milk
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 100 g raspberries
- Oil or melted butter for frying pan
- 120 ml melted dark chocolate to serve
- Rose petals to decorate
- Raspberries to decorate
- Siúcra Icing Sugar for dusting
- To prepare the filling, spoon the crème fraiche, cream and Siúcra Icing Sugar into a bowl and whisk well until thick. Add drops of rosewater to taste.
- To make the pancakes, combine the flour, ground almonds, baking powder, nutmeg and Siúcra Light Golden-Brown Sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix the eggs, milk and almond extract together in a jug and make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, pour in and whisk well to form a thick batter. Add in the raspberries and mix.
- To cook the pancakes, heat oil and butter over a medium heat in a large frying pan, once hot, place spoonful’s of batter into the pan, cook for about 1-2 minute. Flip over when bubbles start to rise and cook for a further minute.
- For the filling, whisk together all ingredients until a thick cream forms.
- To assemble, sandwich 3 pancakes together with the filling. Sprinkle a few rose petals in between, add the raspberries and dust with Siúcra Icing Sugar. Pour / spoon some melted chocolate over each stack of pancakes and top with rose petals.