Pecan Pie with Vanilla Crème Fraiche Recipe by Chef Gareth Mullins
Sunday mornings are for sleeping, Sunday afternoons should be for eating and misbehaving just a little bit more before going back to work, and the healthy eating that comes with Monday to Friday life. This Pecan Pie with Vanilla Crème Fraiche is an example of the comfort food you would find on the Le Drunch menu at The Marker Hotel.
Le Drunch is a later alternative to Brunch one of the latest food trend to emerge from Paris. The menu created by Executive Chef Gareth Mullins includes a variety of the good stuff, the comforting stuff, the pick me ups and some irresistible sides The Brasserie at The Marker Hotel is delighted to host Le Drunch each Sunday from 2pm – 5pm.
– 500g butter
– 750g golden syrup
– 500g sugar
– 500g pecan nuts
– 12 eggs
– Vanilla essence
Sweet pastry case
– 200g butter
– 150g sugar
– 1/2 vanilla pod
– 2 eggs
– 460g flour
Vanilla Crème Fraiche
– 200ml crème fraiche,
– Half vanilla pod, scraped
– 1/2 tsp sugar
1. Melt butter, add golden syrup and sugar.
2. Let cool, add eggs and vanilla essence with whisk
3. Arrange pecan nuts in blind baked tart case
4. Pour in pecan pie mix until almost full
5. Bake the pecan pie at 160 degrees Celsius in preheated oven for around 15 to 20 minutes or until done ( baking varies on ovens)
6. Method for sweet pastry case – mix sugar, butter and vanilla pod. Add eggs slowly one by one. Add flour ,reserve in fridge for at least two hours.
7. Line tarts and blind bake 170 degrees for about 15 minutes
8. Reserve at room temperature until needed
9. For Vanilla crème fraiche – Mix all the ingredients together and serve with the tart.
Gareth is responsible for all menu design and food preparation in The Marker Hotel’s four kitchens which covers the Brasserie, the Rooftop Bar and Terrace, the Marker Bar and in-room dining. With over 16 years’ experience cooking in five star hotels in Ireland and Australia, Gareth spent seven years in the Merrion Hotel, where he was Head Chef in The Cellar Restaurant & Bar. During his tenure at The Cellar, the restaurant received two AA rosettes and the bar was recommended in the Michelin Guide. The Brasserie at The Marker has also recently been awarded the accolade of two AA rosettes under Gareth’s leadership. For more information visit www.themarkerhoteldublin.com.