This veggie pesto pasta dish is simple to make but it certainly doesn’t lack in flavour. Vitamin-rich mushrooms and heaping helpings of Italian style cheese make for a nutritious and delicious meal.
Mushroom Rigatoni Recipe with Pesto Sauce and Side Salad Recipe by HelloFresh
Total Time: 20 minutes – Serves: 4
50g grated Italian style hard cheese
360g dried rigatoni
2 piece onions
2 sachet pesto
80g salad leaves
Drizzle of olive oil
Salt & pepper
- Boil a pot of salted water for the rigatoni. Add the pasta and cook until softened, 12 mins. Once cooked, drain in a colander, pop back in the pot. Drizzle with oil and stir through to stop it sticking together.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Halve, peel and chop the onions into small pieces. Clean the mushrooms with kitchen paper and cut them into quarters.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and fry for 1-2 mins. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5-7 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pesto and heat for 1 min. Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce if required.
- Roughly chop the parsley, stalks and all.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan with the mushroom pesto mixture. Toss to coat fully.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the salad leaves between your plates. Spoon the pasta on top and garnish with Italian style hard cheese and chopped parsley
Checkout HelloFresh and claim your discount with our code: FRESHTASTE
HelloFresh want to help you skip the ‘what’s for dinner?’ debate and start cooking delicious meals at home. Each week they deliver delicious recipes and all the fresh, pre-portioned ingredients you need to cook them from scratch.