Lamb Loin Chops Recipe with Lemon-Mint Salsa Verde by Weber
Lamb is the most overlooked meat to prepare on the grill but the most succulent when cooked on the barbecue! It is a meat that really shines when it is cooked on a high heat and served up medium rare. When you’re stumped for something easy to toss on the grill, try this fresh and flavoursome lamb recipe next!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
Grill Method: Direct
8 lamb loin chops, each about 3cm thick, trimmed of excess fat
50g fresh mint leaves
50g fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves and tender stems
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp roughly chopped shallot
1 tbsp drained capers, rinsed
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp crushed chilli flakes
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
IN THE KITCHEN:
- In a food processor, blend the mint, parsley, lemon zest and juice, shallot, capers, garlic, salt and chilli flakes, and pulse to chop roughly. Then with the motor running, slowly add the oil until a chunky salsa forms. Transfer to a small bowl, cover with cling film, pressing it directly onto the surface to prevent discolouration, and set aside at room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate, then bring to room temperature and stir to combine before serving.
- Lightly brush the lamb chops on both sides with oil and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Allow the chops to stand at room temperature for 15-30 minutes before barbecuing.
AT THE BARBECUE:
- Prepare the barbecue for direct cooking over medium heat (180-230°C).
- Cook the chops over grilling/direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to your desired doneness (8-10 minutes for medium rare), turning once. Remove from the barbecue and leave to rest for 3-5 minutes. Serve the chops warm, two to a plate, with salsa spooned on top.
We have been celebrating perfect BBQs since 1952 with our superior know-how, unique range of products and our enthusiasm for all things ‘Weber’. We are the original BBQ brand, no other barbecue manufacturer can boast such a wealth of experience and knowledge as Weber. In the same way we invented the kettle barbecue in Chicago from a simple marine buoy, we continue to develop the whole world of barbecuing bit by bit every day.
As one of the world’s leading providers with the most comprehensive range of quality products and services in the industry, today Weber is Internationally synonymous with barbecuing innovation, perfect barbecue products and the ultimate barbecue experience. With offices in over 40 countries on all continents, we continue to promote the Weber BBQ culture around the world.