This Kale and Brazil Nut Pesto Recipe from M&S is a great way to sneak in some extra greens. The additional of Brazil nuts is a great way to get your dose of selenium too. Toss through pasta for a quick and healthy dinner.
To re-create this easy pesto recipe at home simply follow the recipe below.
– 75g Brazil nuts
– 250g kale
– 1 garlic clove
– 150ml extra virgin olive oil
– 75g Parmesan
– Lemon juice
– Remove the tough stalks from the kale. Crush the garlic cloves. Grate the Parmesan.
1. Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
2. Put the nuts on a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes, or until they just start to brown.
3. Remove from the oven and leave to cool, then put in a food processor and blitz to a coarse powder
4. Bring a pan of water to the boil.
5. Add the kale and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until still bright green but starting to soften.
6. Drain well and cool, then squeeze in a clean tea towel to remove excess moisture.
7. Put the kale and garlic in a food processor and blitz until almost smooth, but still with a bit of texture.
8. Add the nuts and blitz again, then add the olive oil and Parmesan and blitz again quickly.
9. Squeeze in lemon juice, to taste
10. Season with salt and pepper
11. Chill until ready to use (it will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days).
12. Delicious served with cooked wholewheat pasta.
All ingredients are available in M&S.
All ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer.
Marks & Spencer offers an extensive range of food and wine. There are 17 stores in the Republic of Ireland. To find your nearest store visit www.marksandspencer.ie.