Italian Minestrone Soup Recipe From Soulful And Healthy
Healthy and wholesome, the entire family can enjoy this Italian Ministrone Soup recipe. Perfect for cold winter days, a bowl full of goodness and delicious flavours, loaded with veggies and beans, you have your fiber and protein. It’s also a hassle free dish, requiring only one big pot and a chopping board!
− One large onion, finely chopped
− Two carrots, chopped
− One courgette, chopped
− 4 stocks of celery, chopped
− 250g fresh spinach
− 140g of good quality pancetta
− One rind of parmigiana (2” by 3”)
− 2 tins of Italian chopped tomatoes
− 1 tin kidney beans
− 1 tin cannellini beans
− 100g ditaloni rigati pasta
− 1l organic vegetable stock
− 1 tbsp. organic extra virgin olive oil
− Bunch of fresh parsley, chopped with extra to garnish.
− Fresh grated parmesan, to garnish
− Crusty bread, to serve
1. In a heavy bottom nonstick pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil and sauté the pancetta for about 4 to 5 mins and remove and stain the excess oil on a kitchen towel.
2. In the same pan, add the onion and fry until translucent. Next add all the veggies and sauté for 4 to 5 mins.
3. Tip in the tins of tomatoes, along with the parmigiana rind, fried pancetta and parsley, mix well. Let it simmer for 30 mins on low flame.
4. Add the kidney beans and the cannellini beans, stir well.
5. Add the pasta and let it cook for 10 mins. At this stage if you think it needs more water feel free to add 1/2 to 3/4 cup as per your required consistency.
6. Serve warm with crusty bread, grated parmesan and garnish with few sprigs of fresh parsley.
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring, That’s what I told myself when I started blogging three years ago. I share healthy recipes, inspirations and ideas from my little kitchen in Dublin. With a cultural mix at home my recipes are not specific to one cuisine alone. I discovered so many wonderful ways of cooking which are all very healthy and not compromising on taste. Most of my recipes are gluten free, sugar free and diary free. I still enjoy treats from time to time but not at the cost of my health. I found a right balance between enjoying good food and also eating more organic and wholesome food. Hope you enjoy my recipes as much as I enjoy making them.