Get your spooky season bakes on with this delicious take on a classic Barmbrack recipe – the addition of earl grey, orange and honey elevate this recipe by Pepperazzi!
- 375g of fruit mix (sultanas raisins, currants, orange candied peel)
- A mug (250ml) of cold Earl Grey tea
- Zest of 1 orange
- 225g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp mixed spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg)
- Put the fruit mix in a bowl, pour over the cold tea and leave to soak overnight.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, brown sugar and mixed spice.
- Make a well and add the egg and the honey. Mix until well combined.
- Add a little bit of tea from your fruit mix and stir again until you get a wet dough.
- Mix in the soaked fruit mix and orange zest.
- Transfer the mixture into a loaf tin lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven at 180C for 60 minutes.
- Enjoy on Halloween with a cup of Earl Grey tea!