Dark Chocolate Honeycomb Recipe by Catherine Buggy
This honeycomb recipe is really easy and quick to make, and the result last for a good while so it’s ideal to make it in advance and it makes brilliant gifts.
– 200 g caster sugar
– 4 tbsp golden syrup
– 2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
– 100 g dark chocolate (melted)
– Chopped pistachios & hazelnuts (to coat)
1. Place the caster sugar and golden syrup in a heavy based saucepan over a low heat.
2. When the sugar starts to melt give the mixture a quick stir to make sure it is well combined with the golden syrup
3. Leave the mixture on the heat until the sugar has dissolved.
4. Line a small rectangular dish with greaseproof paper. Do not be tempted to touch the mixture, as it will be extremely hot!
5. Remove the mixture from the heat and add in the bicarbonate of soda.
6. Give it a quick stir and pour into your prepared dish.
7. Place aside to cool and set, this will take about 45 minutes.
8. To make the chocolate coating, melt your chocolate in a microwave or sit over a pan of barely simmering water.
9. Remove the chocolate from the heat once melted.
10. Now it’s time to bash up your honeycomb! Remove the honeycomb slab from the dish and peel off the greaseproof paper, then use a wooden spoon to create a variety of different sized chunks.
11. Finally, dip the honeycomb in the melted chocolate and dip in the chopped nuts, as desired. It’s quite nice to leave some pieces with just chocolate and coat others with the nut topping.
12. These honeycomb sweets look gorgeous in a glass kiln jar with a ribbon tied around the lid! Hope you enjoy!
In 2013 Catherine Buggy set up Boutique Bakery in a small cottage in Donnybrook, Dublin 4. With a passion for baking, Catherine began creating a range of gourmet cake mix ranges alongside Catherine’s blog. Since 2013 The Boutique Bake range has expanded to include gluten and sugar free mixes, all of which are available in selected supermarkets and artisan stores across Ireland.