These gluten free and dairy free beetroot brownies are the perfect treat to curb you sweet tooth. Beetroot is high in vitamin C and full of fiber and potassium, so it’s packed with health benefits.
– 45g good coco powder
– 60g gluten free flour
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp baking powder (ensure gluten free)
– 75g vegetable oil, or any other flavourless oil you like
– 85g good quality dark chocolate (ensure dairy free)
– 1 large free range egg
– 100g pickled beetroot (blitzed)
– 225g caster sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350F, 180C (160C fan) or gas mark 4. Grease and line a 9′ round pan with some parchment/greaseproof paper.
2. Sift the coco powder, flour, salt and baking powder together,
3. In a separate bowl, melt chocolate into the oil. You can do this in the microwave, pop it on a low level for 1 minute intervals until melted.
4. Add the sugar and the eggs to the melted chocolate/oil combination and mix until just combined.
5. Add the wet mix to the dry mix and mix until just combined, then fold through the blitzed beetroot. Mix until fully combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared dish and bake for 25-30 minutes in a preheated oven.
7. Remove the pan from oven, and allow stand until cool.
Hazel is a self confessed eater of cake for breakfast filled with light-hearted whimsy who likes immerse herself in the sweeter side of life. She is a self taught, hobby baker and frosting fanatic with a passion for everyday baking. She likes to create content that does not cost the earth or requires convoluted know-how or equipment. Indulging in a passion to bake, when she should be doing everything else, Hazel is always dreaming in sugar or of her next cake, bake or make.
Visit Hazel’s blog: www.procrastibake.ie