We love oats in every way, when you eat them they release energy slowly over the next few hours and make for a great start to the day! However, porridge everyday can get a bit boring so we’ve added a few good ingredients to make this indulgent baked oats recipe. Of course you probably won’t have chocolate oats everyday so give this a go at the weekend or to celebrate a special day! Serve as it is or with yoghurt and banana or ice cream and berries.
- 200g oats
- 1 banana, mashed
- 40g mixed seeds or nuts
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g milk of your choice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter, and extra to blob on top
- 50g chopped dark chocolate- optional
- Preheat the oven 180C.
- Have a deep baking tray or pie dish ready to go.
- Add the oats, seeds, cocoa powder and baking powder to a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Measure the milk into a jug, crack in the egg, add the mashed banana, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk well with a fork.
- Pour the milk mix into the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the mix into the baking tray.
- Blob on 4-6 teaspoons of the peanut butter, and sprinkle over the chopped chocolate.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then set aside to cool for 5 minutes then serve. It goes really well with yoghurt and fresh raspberries