Cauliflower Buffalo Wings Recipe from BOSH! The Cookbook
This Cauliflower Buffalo Wings Recipe is from BOSH! The Cookbook.
These delicious wings taste naughty but are actually healthy, since they’re baked. The spices are gorgeously deep and the panko breadcrumbs give a crunchy coating that contrasts nicely with the smooth cauliflower. It’s the perfect starter or dish to share with friends. We promise, you’ll love it.
– 1 large head of cauliflower 150g plain flour
– 300ml plant-based milk 2 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp onion powder
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp paprika
– ½ tsp salt
– ¼ tsp black pepper
– 100g panko breadcrumbs
– 120g dairy-free butter
– 200g buffalo hot sauce
– 150g cashew nuts
– 150ml plant-based milk
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 2 tsp garlic powder
– ¾ tsp salt
– ¼ tsp black pepper
– Handful fresh parsley
– 4 chives
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Line 2 baking trays.
3. Boil water in a small saucepan on a high heat.
4. Add the cashew nuts to the pan of boiling water and boil for 15 minutes, then strain and run under cold water to cool slightly.
5. Meanwhile, break the cauliflower into florets and cut the stem into bite-sized pieces.
6. Put the flour, plant-based milk, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk to a batter.
7. Pour the panko breadcrumbs into another bowl and rub them between your thumb and fingers to break into slightly smaller breadcrumbs.
8. Tip the cauliflower into the batter and toss to coat.
9. Transfer to the bowl of breadcrumbs, a few pieces at a time, and toss gently until well coated.
10. Spread the cauliflower pieces over the lined baking trays and bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the dairy-free butter in the microwave and stir in the hot sauce.
11. After 20 minutes, remove the tray from the oven, pour over the hot sauce and carefully roll the cauliflower around until the pieces are fully coated
12. Put the tray back in the oven for 20–25 minutes, until a sharp knife glides into the thickest parts of the cauliflower and the outsides are really golden brown and crispy.
13. Remove from the oven. While the cauliflower is cooking, put all the ingredients for the ranch sauce except for the herbs into the food processor or liquidiser and whizz for 1–2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
14. Transfer to a serving bowl. Finely chop the parsley and chives and add most of them to the sauce, reserving a little for garnish.
15. Serve the cauliflower wings while they’re still hot on a serving plate, sprinkled with the remaining herbs and with the ranch dip on the side.
Henry Firth and Ian Theasby, creators of the world’s biggest and fastest-growing plant-based platform, BOSH!, are the new faces of the food revolution.
BOSH! The Cookbook contains over 140 incredibly easy plant based recipes.
Whether you’re already sold on the plant-based lifestyle or you simply want to incorporate more meat, dairy and egg-free meals into your week, BOSH! The Cookbook is your plant-based bible.