Baked cheese can never be a bad thing, and the herby, warm, creamy Greek style cheese in this recipe certainly proves this point. Roasted veg, crunchy cucumber and fluffy bulgur further add to this sublime salad.
Baked Greek Style Cheese Recipe by HelloFresh
Total Time: 35 minutes – Serves: 4
200g Greek Style Cheese
2 piece onions
500g cherry tomatoes
4 garlic cloves
1 sachet dried thyme
1 sachet dried oregano
240g bulgur wheat
2 sachet vegetable stock
Drizzle of olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Arrange the onion in an oven dish. Add the whole Greek style cheese on top and scatter the tomatoes all around.
- Add the garlic cloves (without peeling).
- Drizzle generously with oil and sprinkle with the dried thyme and oregano.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until the tomatoes are cooked and the Greek style cheese is lightly golden around the edges.
- Pour 480ml water into a large pot, stir in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the bulgur, bring back up to the boil and simmer for 1 min. Pop a lid on the pot and remove from the heat. Leave to the side for 12-15 mins or until ready to serve.
Meanwhile, cut the cucumber in half lengthways. Remove the seeds with a small spoon, then cut into half rings.
- Pick the parsley leaves from the stalks and chop (discard the stalks).
- Divide the bulgur between your bowls and carefully place a portion of Greek style cheese on top of each. Spoon the tomato and onion mixture all around.
- Carefully squeeze the garlic out of its skin once cooled and mix with any juices that have collected in the oven dish. Drizzle the juices over the cheese.
- Serve with the cucumber, garnish with parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Checkout HelloFResh and claim your discount with our code: TASTEFRESH
HelloFresh want to help you skip the ‘what’s for dinner?’ debate and start cooking delicious meals at home. Each week they deliver delicious recipes and all the fresh, pre-portioned ingredients you need to cook them from scratch.