- 700 g Macaroni Pasta
- 200 g Vegan Cheddar
- 1.5 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
- .75 Head Broccoli Chopped well
- 1 Cup Carrots Chopped
- 1 Medium Sweet potato Diced
- 1 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 500 Ml Almond milk Add slowly
- 4 Cloves Fresh garlic Chopped
- Salt & pepper To taste
1. Chop the carrots, sweet potato, and broccoli and place into separate bowls.
2. Add the chopped carrot and sweet potato to a medium saucepan filled with boiling water over medium heat. Allow to boil for 15 mins.
3. Place the chopped broccoli into a separate saucepan and boil for 5-10 mins or until pierced easily with a fork.
4. Into a separate saucepan, add the pasta, followed by boiling water and cook as instructed on the packaging. Drain all of the above when they are boiled/cooked through.
5. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add the butter, followed by the chopped garlic, and slowly add some of the milk.
6. Add the flour and whisk into a creamy, even consistency. Add the salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast and tomato paste, followed by some more milk, and whisk until even.
7. Blitz the carrot and sweet potato in a blender (along with some salt and pepper) into a smooth consistency and add to the frying pan. Add the cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
8. Strain the water from the saucepan containing the pasta. Add the contents of the frying pan, as well as the broccoli, and stir well.
9. The dish is now ready to serve. Top with some extra cheese if you wish, along with some fresh parsley to really enhance the flavour!
Calories: 648kcalCarbohydrates: 95gProtein: 19gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 855mgPotassium: 846mgFiber: 12gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 14534IUVitamin C: 107mgCalcium: 286mgIron: 3mg