World Class 2021 Bulletin: Ireland’s Cal Byrne Through to Top 10 at the World Class Bartender of the Year 2021 Fully Virtual Global Competition
- Irish bartender Cal Byrne served up a winning formula at the World Class fully virtual Global final
- Last night saw him shake and stir his way through to the World Class Global Final Top Ten Speed Round Challenge which will be streamed live tonight, Thursday 8th July at 8.15pm.
- Cal (27) is a bartender at the Blind Pig Speakeasy in Dublin and his natural talent and skill has set him apart amongst the 50 finalists who have competed this week at what is the first-ever virtual version of the World Class Bartender of the Year finals.
- In a fitting nod to home, Cal created a drink infused with natural dyes used in Irish wool jumpers. He chose these ingredients to highlight his project to connect artists and traditional craftspeople whose livelihoods have been hit during the pandemic.
- After years of personal practice and a difficult year for the bar-trade we would love you to join us in rooting for Cal as he represents his industry and Ireland on the global stage tonight night, inspiring us all with his creations and taking his skills to the next level.
- Cal has brought Ireland to the Top 10 globally for the first time in history
- With this year a fully virtual competition the team at @IrishCraftCocktails are hosting Cal from their amazing new lab where he will give it his all tomorrow night.
Tune in tonight at 8.15pm to http://bit.ly/35Uo53R and support Cal in his bid to bring the title home!