To celebrate the launch of the chef supper club, one select reader will receive a cinematic virtual experience with Chef Gráinne O’Keefe that recreates the ambiance and thrill of luxury dining without leaving your home.
The chef supper club’s virtual events (now on sale), promise to be a one-of-a-kind tasting experience. Each menu will be created and curated by Ireland’s (and Europe’s) best chefs, and will include a hybrid model of live interaction and hands-on culinary activity to guide you through the origins, production, and inspirations of your favourite dishes.
Diners may select from three different experiences: ‘Bring the Restaurant Home‘, ‘From Scratch‘, and ‘Potions‘, all of which include learning and interacting with culinary professionals. The finest dining experiences are frequently regarded as theatrical, and the chef supper club promises to be just that. Chefs taking part will include Ciaran Sweeney, Grainne O’Keefe, Mike Tweedie, Killian Crowley, Enda McEvoy, Ahmet Dede, Haleigh Whelan, with Sommelier, Cathryn Bell.
Each ‘Bring the Restaurant Home’ kit will have the option of unique wine pairings selected by sommelier Cathryn Bell (winerover.ie) and short documentary films that will give you an inside look at the cuisine you’re about to eat, the ingredients’ provenance, and the history behind each dish. Everything you need to bring the restaurant into your home is provided by the chef supper club. In each live broadcast, the chef will walk you through their five course tasting experience step by step.
Gráinne O’Keefe is soon to launch her new restaurant called “Mae” , prior to that she was head chef of Clanbrassil House in Dublin until April 2021. Since 2013 she has split her time between Clanbrassil House as head chef and BuJo in Sandymount as Culinary Director, the first burger-centric restaurant in Ireland and the United Kingdom to get a 3 Star certification from the Sustainable Restaurant Association. Gráinne’s, “bring the restaurant home” experience revisits her youth with a (virtual) front-row seat for this one-of-a-kind Sunday lunch meal was inspired by the tastes and flavours she recalls from visits to her grandparents in Leitrim as a child.
The lucky winner will feast from a menu for two, including buttermilk brown bed served with homemade butter, smoked wild brown trout paired with bread and butter pickles, dill aioli and boxty, Leitrim Hill goats cheese agnolotti, premium aged rib eye (sous vide with thyme/ brown butter and garlic) and brioche soaked in sweet egg and then pan fried, served with creme fraiche and macerated berries for the final dessert course.
Experiences are available to buy NOW and can be securely booked from the chef supper club website thechefsupperclub.com using the Tock booking engine.
How to Enter this Competition
To be in with a chance of wining this amazing prize, follow the steps below…
Step 1: Share this competition on Social Media using the share buttons at the top or bottom of this page
Step 2: Fill in the competition form below:
Terms and Conditions
– Closing date for entries is midnight Monday 2nd August 2021
– Overall winner will be announced at Tuesday 3rd August 2021
– Upon submitting their entry the entrant acknowledges that their details will be used for TheTaste ezine updates and the competition
– Entrant must be over 18 years of age
– Must share on social media
– Entry to the competition is free. No purchase is necessary
– The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize
– By entering this competition you are agreeing that any submissions made become the property of TheTaste
– The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions
– These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts
– Employees or agents of the TheTaste, any associated group companies, prize sponsor and or agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid