Roasted to perfection, this delicious roasted cauliflower recipe is generously coated with a vibrant chimichurri sauce, infusing every bite with a tantalizing fusion of herbs, garlic, and tangy goodness. Discover a new love of plant-based cuisine! This recipe is by Ciara Turley from the Tummy Fairy, follow her on Instagram here.
- 1 x medium cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g Greek yoghurt or sheep’s yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Handful of fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 finely diced shallot
- 1 diced red chilli pepper
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup finely chopped coriander,
- 2 cups finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- For the Chimichurri, mix together in a bowl or blitz in a processor for a smoother finish
- Pre-heat your oven to 200c (fan assisted).
- Fill a large pot of water (check that your cauliflower fits first) add salt and bring to a boil.
- Pop the cauliflower in, cover and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the cauliflower.
- Then remove the cauliflower and place it on a baking tray and allow it to steam dry for around 10 minutes.
- Once dry, brush the cauliflower with olive oil and season well with sea salt.
- Pop it into the preheated oven and let it roast for 45-50 minutes until charred and golden all over.
- Mix the yogurt, garlic, parsley & lemon together in a bowl then spoon onto the base of your serving dish.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, place it on top, drizzle with the chimichurri sauce, and cut it into wedges to serve.
- Any leftover chimichurri sauce can be stored in a jar in the fridge for up to a week, it’s delicious with steak or chicken or fish also!
About The Tummy Fairy – Ciara Turley
Ciara is a self-taught home cook and devoted mother of two. The lockdown period rekindled her passion for cooking, leading her to create The Tummy Fairy for sharing delicious recipes. With a background in HR in the hospitality industry, Ciara brings a sense of creativity to her culinary creations.
Passionate about promoting healthy eating habits, she is particularly enthusiastic about reducing sugar intake and incorporating whole foods into her recipes.
Having lived in Australia for several years, Ciara has been influenced by their vibrant food scene. However, her heart lies with supporting Irish businesses and sourcing local ingredients whenever possible. She firmly believes in the power of cooking wholesome unprocessed foods to nourish both the body and the soul.
Ciara combines her love for cooking with a focus on health and well-being. She aims to inspire others to embrace a balanced lifestyle and shares her knowledge and experiences with her community.
Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe with Chimichurri and Garlic Yogurt by The Tummy Fairy