This peanut butter cookies recipe combines two of my favourite ingredients. It’s a really simple recipe for cookies and the addition of peanut butter works really well, if you prefer milk chocolate you can swap these for the white chocolate chips. This recipe makes about 12-15 cookies and is so quick and simple to put together. When they’re baked they will keep for up to a week in an air tight container.
– 110 g Butter
– 100 g Caster Sugar
– 100 g Light Brown Sugar
– 1 Egg
– 150 g Peanut Butter
– 170 g Plain Flour
– 70 g White Chocolate Chips
– 1 1/2 teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
– Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 160 fan / 180 C.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer in a bowl until it is light and fluffy.
3. Add in the egg and beat into the butter and sugar mixture, until well combined.
4. Next add in the peanut butter, flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
5. Finally stir through the chocolate chips and mix well, until the mixture comes together in a dough.
6. Line two baking trays with some greaseproof paper.
7. Shape the cookie dough into evenly sizes balls.
8. Place approximately 6 balls of cookie dough on each tray, leaving plenty of space between each, as they will expand during baking.
9. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cookies start to brown.
10. Remove from the oven and leave to cool, (they should be slightly brown but still chewy!). Enjoy!
In 2013 Catherine Buggy set up Boutique Bakery in a small cottage in Donnybrook, Dublin 4. With a passion for baking, Catherine began creating a range of gourmet cake mix ranges alongside Catherine’s blog. Since 2013 The Boutique Bake range has expanded to include gluten and sugar free mixes, all of which are available in selected supermarkets and artisan stores across Ireland.