Weber Barbecued Christmas Ham Recipe
Enjoy a tasty Christmas ham served by a side of almond crusted roasties for the perfect festive family spread. With your festive feast on your Weber barbecue, win back oven space and time with the family and spend only 30 mins preparing without sacrificing all the tasty results.
Serves: 8 people
Preparation time: 30 minutes
BBQ temperature: 250-280 °C
3 kg cured ham wit fat and rind attached
100g brown sugar
1 egg yolk
100g dried breadcrumbs
In the kitchen:
- Tie the cured ham with kitchen string. Put the ham on the rotisserie spit.
At the barbecue:
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat, approx. 120°C to 130°C.
- Place a drip pan between the briquettes to catch the meat juices.
- Place the tied ham in your barbecue indirect over a drip pan and cook for approx. 3 hours.
- Insert a thermometer in the thickest part of the ham. The ham is ready when the core temperature reaches 75°C.
- When the ham is done, wrap it in aluminium foil and allow to rest.
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat, approx. 250°C to 280°C.
- Combine the mustard, egg yolk, and brown sugar (the glaze will benefit from the addition of a little freshly ground allspice and cloves).
- Remove the ham from the foil.
- Coat the ham with the glaze (the mustard mixture).
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the ham, covering it in a thin layer. Dust off any excess breadcrumbs.
- Put the ham back in the barbecue until golden – approx. 15 minutes.
- Mix 100g of mustard with 100g of brown sugar to serve with the ham, for the perfect sauce.