Watch: Cranberry Margarita Recipe Video from Siúcra
Try a seasonal twist on an old classic with Siúcra’s Cranberry Margarita which is sure to add a dash of festive spirit to any Christmas party. With sweetened cranberries and a citrusy kick, this vibrant cocktail is ideal served as an aperitif when your guests arrive.
Makes 4, plus extra syrup
For the sugared cranberries and cranberry syrup
– 200 g Siúcra Granulated Sugar
– 250 ml water
– 300 g cranberries (thawed, if frozen)
– 200 g Siúcra caster sugar
*this will make extra syrup for another use
For the margaritas:
– Strips of lime and orange zest
– 50 g cranberries (thawed, if frozen)
– 2 tbsp Siúcra Demerara Brown Sugar
– 250 ml tequila
– 120 ml orange juice
– Juice of 1 lime
– 2 tbsp orange liqueur
1. Combine the Siúcra Granulated Sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and keep bubbling until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Add the cranberries, weighing them down with a plate. Cover and refrigerate overnight. You can leave this up to two days for a fuller flavour.
3. Drain the cranberries, reserving the syrup. Spread the Siúcra Caster Sugar onto a tray and add the cranberries, stirring to coat.
4. Refrigerate the cranberries, uncovered, for at least one hour, then toss them again in the caster sugar.
5. Add the lime and orange zests to a cocktail shaker with the fresh cranberries, Siúcra Demerara Brown Sugar and 60 ml of the cranberry syrup. Shake to combine well.
6. Add the tequila, orange juice, lime juice, orange liqueur and some ice. Shake again to combine.
7. Strain the margarita mixture into four glasses. Top with sugared cranberries to serve.
For more information on Siúcra products and/or recipes visit: siucra.ie