Watch: Apple Caramel Jam Recipe Video from Siúcra
Take the fuss out of jam-making with this simple Apple Caramel Jam recipe that can be made using a variety of apples. Siúcra’s Light Golden Brown Sugar gives the jam a buttery caramel flavour while the warm and citrusy aroma of cardamom goes very well with the apples.
By using Siúcra’s Sure Set Jam Sugar you won’t have to spend all afternoon in the kitchen as the jam sets in minutes.
Enjoy served on pancakes or waffles or spread a spoonful on crackers. Alternatively add a dollop to your bowl of bircher muesli for a delicious breakfast.
– 500g apples
– 200g Siúcra Light Golden Brown Sugar
– 200ml water
– Juice of ½ lemon
– 200g Siúcra Sure Set Jam Sugar
– 1 tsp ground cardamom
1. Core and chop the apples into small pieces and place in a saucepan.
2. Add the juice of ½ lemon and the remaining ingredients.
3. Stir to mix all the ingredients together and place on a medium heat.
4. Simmer for 3-10 minutes, stirring constantly. The jam should be neither too solid nor too runny.
5. Skim off any foam if necessary.
6. Pour into hot, thoroughly cleaned jars. Keep cool.