Warming Beef Stew Recipe from The Wonky Spatula
I love nothing more during the colder months than coming home to a comforting meal. This is the perfectbeef stew recipe for your slow cooker or crockpot.
– 2 kg shoulder beef, cut into chunks
– 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
– 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
– 1 large white onion, finely sliced
– 500ml Guinness
– 200-250ml beef stock
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 bay leaf
– Olive oil
– Coarse salt & pepper
1. Heat some oil in a large pot and brown the meat in two batches with a pinch of coarse salt.
2. Remove and add to your slow cooker.
3. Add another dash of oil to the pan and fry off the onion, carrots and celery, along with the garlic before adding to your slow cooker.
4. Pour in the Guinness, and enough stock so that everything is nicely covered in liquid then add the bay leaf and season to taste.
5. Cook gently on medium for about 6-8 hours until the liquid has reduced and the meat is tender.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!