This seasonal warm Brussels sprout salad with candy striped beetroot and walnuts is perfect for those left over sprouts and colder winter days!
– 10 brussels sprout, sliced finely
– 1 candy striped beetroot, finely sliced on a mandolin
– camelina oil
– half a red onion, finely diced
– handful of walnuts, toasted and chopped
1. In a sauce pan heat the oil and fry off the red onion, add the brussels sprouts and cook. They might get a bit brown and crispy at the edges which will add a great nutty flavour!
2. Once cooked, mix with the beetroot and top with salt and pepper and toasted walnuts.
Jette Virdi is a Dublin-based food stylist and creative entrepreneur. With a portfolio including clients such as Rozanna Purcell, Rachel Allen and Bord Bia, she’s your girl if you need an evocative image or event. Well known within the food industry, she consults with Irish brands to create and style recipes, to design and manage product launches and and hosts creative corporate workshops that boost productivity and team performance in the workplace. For more information and to contact Jette for a project go to jettevirdi.com. For more recipes visit her blog.