Vinspire Wine and Spirit Academy is a new wine and spirit education course provider based in Dublin that has launched in November 2022.
Founded by award-winning Irish sommelier Philip Dunne (also Global Group Sommelier of The Doyle Collection hotel group), Vinspire Academy provides WSET (Wine Spirit Education Trust) courses and qualifications in both wine and spirits tailored for those working the Irish hospitality industry and also drinks enthusiasts.
Vinspire Wine and Spirit Academy is the first drinks education provider in Ireland to provide both the WSET Wine courses (up to intermediate Level 2), and the new WSET Spirit courses (up to intermediate Level 2 currently in 2022 – advanced Level 3 to be available in Autumn/Winter 2023).
WSET Level 1 courses for individuals start from €220pp, and WSET Level 2 courses start from €475, which is the best value for these courses now available for Ireland. Venues are in Dublin City Centre, and the first courses take place begin in January 2023, now available to book on vinspireacademy.com.
Group bookings (6-12pax) are also available for hotels, restaurants, bars and drinks industry businesses all across Ireland who want to train multiple staff in their operation. The WSET courses can take place on site at their own hospitality businesses. Group booking prices start from €150pp for the Level 1 wine or spirit courses, and from €295pp for Level 2 wine or spirit courses. Benefits of these courses for those in the industry include increased confidence and beverage
knowledge in staff, better staff retention by investing in employee education, and improved beverage sales and happier guests offering a more informed beverage service experience.
Philip Dunne: “I’m delighted to be able to offer a comprehensive beverage education program to hospitality businesses in Ireland, at a time when the industry needs it most. Aside from being able to offer WSET wine courses, Vinspire Academy is also the first company to offer the new WSET Spirit courses based in Dublin. Being the best value provider of WSET courses in the country, I hope this can encourage business owners and decision makers in the hospitality industry to invest in their staff with highly valuable and rewarding wine and spirit education, which can benefit their business in the long term.“
About Philip Dunne
Starting his hospitality career at 15, Founder and Head of Education at Vinspire Wine and Spirit Academy Philip Dunne has spent over a decade as one of Irelands leading sommeliers and wine & spirit experts in the luxury hospitality sector in Ireland.
Previously Head Sommelier in Ashford Castle in Mayo, Head Sommelier of The Westbury in Dublin, and most recently the Global Group Sommelier of The Doyle Collection, Philip has a vast level of experience in wine list design, and expert result-driven wine and spirit education. Philip has been twice awarded Irelands ‘Sommelier of the Year’ by the Sunday Business Post (2018 & 2019), and also in 2018 became an accredited educator for WSET (Wine Spirit Education Trust).
Since becoming a WSET Educator, Philip has educated and delivered these wine and spirit qualifications to over 1,500 students in Ireland, the UK, and the USA. Philip has set up Vinspire to offer Restaurants, Bars, and Hotels in Ireland specialist wine and spirit education, and award qualifications through WSET. These qualifications assist employers with increased staff knowledge, confidence in selling, and improvement of staff retention – as well as being a benefit in offering increased education at the recruitment stage of staff.
Competition: Win a WSET Level 1 Qualification course in either Wine or Spirits with a value of €250
How to Enter this Competition:
To be in with a chance of winning this amazing prize:
Extra entry: Enter your details below and press submit.
Terms and Conditions below.
– Closing date for entries is midnight on Friday December 23rd & 1 winner will be contacted directly. Winner must be following Vinspire on Instagram.
– Prize is for either 1 WSET Level 1 Qualification Wine course or 1 WSET Level 1 Qualification Spirits course
– Prize must be redeemed for either January 9th for the Spirits Course or January 10th for the Wine Course
– Upon submitting their entry the entrant acknowledges that their details will be used for Marketing with TheTaste / JFG Digital and the competition supplier.
– Entrant must be over 18 years of age and a resident of Ireland.
– Entry to the competition is free. No purchase is necessary. No monetary substitution is available in lieu of the prize.
– The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize
– By entering this competition you are agreeing that any submissions made become the property of TheTaste
– The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and availability may alter. *** Prize is subject to availability and change.
– These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts
– Employees or agents of the TheTaste, any associated group companies, prize sponsor and or agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid. No cash or other alternatives will be offered. No other expenses are included as part of the prize package.