Brazilian Potato & Vegetable Kebabs Recipe from Bord Bia
This Brazilian Potato & Vegetable Kebabs recipe is perfect for the summer BBQ season and is sure to please the whole family.
– 12 Queens potatoes
– 1 corn on the cob, cut into 8 wheels
– 1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges
– 8 pineapple wedges
For The Spice Mix
– 1tsp paprika
– ½ tsp ground cumin
– ½ tsp ground coriander
– ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
– 1tsp olive oil
1. Cook the potatoes for about five minutes and drain. The potatoes won’t be cooked at this stage.
2. Take a skewer and thread a potato on followed by a piece of corn, pineapple and red onion and repeat finishing with a potato. Do this for the three remaining skewers.
3. Mix all the spices together with the olive oil and using a pastry brush, brush all over the potatoes and vegetables.
4. Cook under a pre-heated grill or on the BBQ until the potatoes are cooked, and the other vegetables are nicely charred.
5. Serve with rice, salad and a little chilli sauce if you fancy.
‘Potatoes: More Than A Bit On The Side’ is a three year EU-funded campaign for the promotion of fresh potatoes run by Bord Bia and AHDB Potatoes on behalf of the potato industries in Ireland and Great Britain.
Potato consumption in Ireland has been in decline over the past decade, particularly with 22-44 year old women. There are also many health-based misconceptions around potatoes which this campaign is looking to tackle. We all live busy lives and require convenience in our cooking. Potatoes can provide healthy, quick solutions for innovative meal ideas.
For more information and recipes, visit www.potato.ie