Vegan Roast Pumpkin & ClemenGold® Soup Recipe
A classic soup made vegan, this is a hearty and warming dish that celebrates the delicious combination of pumpkin and ClemenGold® mandarins.
- olive oil
- 1.5 kg pumpkin peeled and cut into chunks
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 baby leeks chopped
- 3 garlic chopped
- 2 tsp 10 ml mixed spice
- ½ tsp 2,5 ml chilli flakes
- 1 ½ C 375 ml vegetable stock
- ½ C 125 ml ClemenGold® mandarin juice
- a squeeze of LemonGold® seedless lemon juice
- ½ C 125 ml coconut milk
- zest of 1 ClemenGold® mandarin
- ¼ C 60 ml pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ¼ C 60 ml coconut flakes, toasted
- small handful micro herbs
- french loaf sliced and buttered
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC. Drizzle the pumpkin chunks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes until soft with caramelised edges.
- Set a large pot over medium-high heat. Add a splash of olive oil and fry the onions and leeks until they begin to soften and brown. Add the garlic and chilli flakes and fry for a minute until fragrant. Pour in the stock and ClemenGold® juice, then add the pumpkin. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and blitz with a hand blender until the desired consistency is reached. Return to the stove, season to taste then add the lemon juice. Bring back up to a simmer then turn off the heat. Note: if the soup is thicker than you would like, you can add a little extra vegetable stock while blitzing.
- Portion the soup into serving bowls and add a swirl of coconut milk to each. Top with a grating of ClemenGold® zest and toasted pumpkin seeds. Garnish with micro herbs and a crack of black pepper and serve with crusty bread.