Oozing with goodness and flavour, these delightful little treats might just knock your socks off! Don’t be deceived by their simple appearance, because once you pop them into your mouth -you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
There are so many ways to experiment with this recipe too, you can roll them around in cacao nibs, desiccated coconut or add a dusting of extra cacao powder if you like.
This recipe yields about 35 mini balls, and they will store nicely in an airtight container for about two weeks.
Dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo and vegan
– 1 cup of whole OR ground almonds
– 1/2 cup of dates
– 1 1/2 tablespoon of almond butter
– 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
– 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder/cocoa powder
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 tablespoon of agave or honey
– 2 tablespoons of water
1. Add all the ingredients to a powerful blender/ ninja or bullet and blend everything together until you have a slightly sticky mixture. If your blender isn’t particularly powerful, blend the ingredients a few at a time.
2. Then, take about a teaspoon of the mixture and start rolling it around in the palms of your hands to create miniature balls.
3. Once you’ve created the balls, you can roll them around in some desiccated coconut or cacao powder if you like.
RECIPE BY ANNA-JANE KINGSTON
I’m an Irish food blogger from Donegal, and I am obsessed with food – and in particular, clean & healthy eating. I’ve been experimenting with food since my school days, and I am continuously developing and adapting recipes to keep my body happy and healthy. I always try to make my recipes adaptable – to help suit a wide variety of eaters, so I like to think there’s something for everyone here. I hope that my blog A Thyme to Eat may inspire and bring a little culinary delight to your table. You can also find me on Twitter. Happy Feasting!