Three Irish Hotels Named Among World’s Best for 2017
Two Irish hotels have been named in a new “World’s Best 100 Hotels” list, as part of Travel and Leisure’s 2017 World’s Best Awards.
The list features everything from exclusive safari lodges and urban sanctuaries to family-friendly beach resorts.
Voted by readers of the magazine, the list features two Irish hotels. Ballyfin Hotel in Laois came in at number 39, with Mayo’s luxurious Ashford Castle being ranked as the 59th best hotel in the world.
Claiming the top spot was the Nihi Sumba Island (formerly Nihiwatu) in Indonesia. This eco-friendly resort is home to traditional villages, waterfalls, fishing activities.
Check out the magazine’s Top 10 Hotels in the World below:
1. Nihi Sumba Island (formerly Nikiwatu), Indonesia
2. The Brando, Tetiaroa, French Polynesia
3. Lodge & Spa at Brush Creek Ranch, Saratoga, Wyoming
4. Lodge at Kauri Cliffs, Matauri Bay, New Zealand
5. Gibbs’s Farm, Karatu, Tanzania
6. Tswalu Kalahari, Tswalu Kalahari Reserve, South Africa
7. Triple Creek Ranch, Darby, Montana
8. Cavas Wine Lodge, Mendoza, Argentina
9. Inn at Willow Grove, Orange, Virginia
10. Rosewood CordeValle, San Martin, California tied with Zarafa Camp, Selinda Reserve, Botswana
Meanwhile, the 5-star Sheen Falls Lodge in Kerry has been named the number 3 “Top Resort Hotel in the UK & Ireland” and number 11 in the “Top Resort Hotels in Europe” list.
On claiming two of Travel + Leisure’s coveted titles, General Manager, Mr Seamus Crotty said: “We are very proud to have been named in two categories at this year’s Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards.
Sheen Falls Lodge is special in the hearts of so many, including my own – a visit to the hotel is more than just a stay at a 5 star property, it is where memories are made.
The calibre of Irish hotels who feature on both the Top Hotels in UK & Ireland and Top Resort Hotels in Europe is testament to the exceptional standard and offering of the Irish hospitality industry, which we are delighted to represent.”