This Tuscan chicken recipe is perfect for a date night dinner! It would go great with pasta, creamy mashed potatoes or even some rice.
Time: 30 minutes
Serves 2 large portions
469 cals per serving and 50g protein
- 2 chicken breast sliced lengthways so they cook quicker
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 3 sun dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp oregano or mixed herbs
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- salt & pepper
- 200ml single cream
- 100ml chicken stock
- 15g Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Fresh parsley or basil to taste
- Melt 1 tbsp butter and cook chicken breast for 3-4 mins each side until nicely coloured (doesn’t have to be cooked fully through yet)
- Remove the chicken and in the same pan add the remaining butter and cook your onion until translucent and add your garlic until fragrant (about 2 mins)
- Add your sun dried tomatoes, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and tomato purée and cook for a further minute before adding your liquids and Parmesan cheese.
- Reduce to a simmer for 2-3 mins and re-add your chicken breasts and simmer with a lid on for 6-8mins until chicken fully cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley or basil and serve with whatever you like!