Most of us know that as part of a healthy, balanced diet, eggs can provide the body the essential nutrients we need and are often the hero ingredient of many meals! Not only are they delicious, but they’re also packed with an impressive variety of nutrients and this makes them one of the healthiest foods to eat.
- 4 Healy’s Farm Large Fresh Eggs
- 8 Nature’s Pick Baby Potatoes
- 100 g Nature’s Pick Green Beans
- 4 Nature’s Pick Tomatoes
- 1 Nature’s Pick Gem Lettuce
- 2 x cans of The Fishmonger Tuna Chunks
- 6 canned The Fishmonger Anchovy Fillets
- 12 The Deli Black Olives
- 4 tbsp Solesta Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp The Deli Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 clove Nature’s Pick Garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped Nature’s Pick Parsley
- Freshly ground Stonemill Salt and Black Pepper
- Cook the eggs in boiling water for around 7 minutes. Drain and cool under running water. Peel and quarter.
- Cook the potatoes in lightly salted water until tender. A couple of minutes before they are fully cooked, add the beans to the pan. Drain then cool under running water.
- Quarter the potatoes. Wash the little gem lettuce and pat dry to remove as much water as possible.
- Quarter and place on a large serving platter. Scatter over the beans and potatoes.
- Quarter the tomatoes and add to the salad. Arrange the eggs on top.
- Drain the tuna and add to the salad.
- Top with anchovy fillets and, finally, add the black olives.
- Use a fork to whisk together all the dressing ingredients and then drizzle over the salad.
- Protein – They are high in protein; two eggs provide an average man with half of his daily protein requirement. It is the best form of protein important for muscle growth and maintenance.
- Calories – An average egg contains about 70kcal and 6g protein making it a great choice for those watching their weight.
- Vitamin D – We don’t get enough Vitamin D in Ireland – 2 eggs give you a third of what you need in a day.
- Vitamin B12 – Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient for nerve function. Two eggs provide you with all you need in a day
- Minerals – Two eggs provide as much iron as 100g of spinach. They also contain over a third of your daily requirement of selenium and iodine needed for healthy thyroid function and immunity.