Tomato and Olive Pancake Bake Recipe by Siúcra & Catherine Fulvio
This Tomato and Olive Pancake Bake Recipe is by Siúcra & Catherine Fulvio. This is perfect for anyone who is looking for something a little different on Pancake Tuesday.
Serves 4 people (depending on the size of the pancakes)
– 200g (chickpea) flour
– 4 tbsp plain flour
– 2 tbsp. Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 2 eggs
– 350ml milk
– 3 to 4 tbsp water
– 4 shallots, thinly sliced
– 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
– 6 sundried tomato halves, chopped
– 3 tbsp black olives, roughly chopped
– 80g baby spinach
– 1 tsp chopped thyme
– 120g quark
– 3 tbsp grated mature cheddar cheese
– 2 tbsp grated parmesan
– ½ lemon, zest only
– 3 tbsp cheddar cheese, for the top
– 2 tbsp breadcrumbs, for the top
– 1 tsp chopped thyme
– Sprigs of thyme, to garnish
1. Combine the gram (chickpea) flour, plain flour and Siúcra Caster Sugar in a bowl. Beat together the eggs and milk and slowly whisk into the flour mix. Leave to stand for 10 minutes, then pour into a jug.
1. Heat a little oil in a frying pan, add the shallots and simmer for about 5 minutes until cooked before adding the garlic.
2. Cook for a further 1 minute. Add the sundried tomatoes, black olives and spinach.
Take the pan off the heat and add the thyme, quark, cheddar cheese and parmesan and mix well.
3. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper and lemon zest to taste.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
5. When ready to cook, heat the frying pan and add a little butter and oil, stir the batter then pour just enough batter into the pan to make a large size pancake.
6. Cook for about 1½ minutes and then turn onto the other side, cooking for about ½ minute until golden and cooked.
7. Place on a clean plate continuing to finish all the batter. Place sheets of parchment paper in between the pancakes to prevent them from sticking. Brush a gratin dish with a little melted butter.
8. Spoon some filling down the centre of each pancake, roll them up and lay them alongside each other in a buttered gratin dish.
9. Sprinkle over the cheese, breadcrumbs, thyme and bake for about 15 or until the cheese has melted and is golden. Garnish with thyme sprigs and serve.
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.