The Final 20 Young Chefs for S.Pellegrino Young Chef 2016 Grand Final Announced
Over an intense three months period of challenges across the globe the 3,000 chefs that entered the S.Pellegrino Young Chef 2016 have been whittled down to a list of 20 finalists.
In October, the winner will be announced at the Grand Final in Milan. On the evening, last years’s winner Mark Moriarty will prepare a banquet; leaving the young chefs to concentrate on preparing their signature dishes to impress the Grand Jury of seven of the world’s best chefs.
The chef representing Ireland & UK this year is George Kataras, Sous Chef at M Restaurants in London.
Representing 20 regions and countries across the globe, the full list of S.Pellegrino Young Chef 2016 finalists is:
Africa Middle East
– Grégoire Berger, Chef, Restaurant Ossiano Fine Dining, Hotel Atlantis The Palm (Dubai)
– Andrea Miacola, Chef de Partie, De Librije Zwolle (The Netherlands)
– Sean MacDonald, Chef, Market Restaurant Calgary
South East Asia
– Tharun Batia, Chef de Partie, EK BAR New Dehli (India)
– Chang Liu, Sous Chef, Huai Yang Fu Beijing
– Rodrigo Sandor, Chef de Partie, Costes Downtown Budapest (Hungary)
– Shintaro Awa, Sous Chef, Hotel le Bristol Epicure Paris
– Matthias Walter, Sous Chef, Burgrestaurant Staufeneck, Salach (Germany)
– Alessandro Salvatore Rapisarda, Chef, Café Opera – Gallery Hotel, Recanati
– Seira Furuya, Chef de Partie, Gakusikaikan Chiyoda-Ku (Tokyo)
Latin America Caribbean
– Daniel Nates, Chef, Maizal Puebla (Mexico)
– Nicolaos Billis, Chef, Botrini’s Restaurant, Athens (Greece)
North East Asia
– Matteo Zonarelli, Chef de Partie, 8 1/2 Bombana Macau
– Leslie Hottiaux, Chef, Apero Food & Wine Auckland (New Zealand)
Russia, Baltics & CIS
– Hezret Berdiev, Sous Chef, Four Seasons Hotel Lion Palace, St. Petersburg (Russia)
– Nikolaj Schmidt Skadborg, Sous Chef, Restaurant Sletten, Humlebæk (Denmark)
Spain – Portugal
– David Andrés Morera, Chef, ABaC Restaurant Barcelona (Spain)
– Anne-Sophie Taurines, Chef, Restaurant et club Le Rouge, Verbier
– Mitch Lienhard, Chef, Manresa Los Gatos (California)
To see the full list of winners with details of their dishes visit the official S.Pellegrino Young Chef site www.finedininglovers.com.