1. This website is provided by Digital Food Ltd (registration number 548735) a company registered in Ireland with registered office 130 Lower Drumcondra Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9, Ireland (and we refer to ourselves as “TheTaste.ie”, “we” or “us” or “our” in this document).
2. If you want to ask us anything about these Terms and Conditions of Use or have any comments or complaints about our website, please contact us via the Contact Page.
4. We reserve the right to revise these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by amending this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes, as they are binding on you. Your continued use of our website indicates your continued agreement to the current terms of our policy. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Website.
1. Definitions – The following terms when used in these Terms and Conditions of Use or any document referred to herein shall have the following meaning:
“Activation of the Dining Out Offers” means the Offer activates (or becomes unconditional), payments will be processed and the Vouchers which are issued become capable of being redeemed by the Customer from the Merchants;
“Business Days” means a day (other than Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in Ireland) when banks in Ireland are open for business;
“Customer” means you, being any person who Purchases a Offer or Event or the person in possession of the Voucher from time to time;
“Offer” means an offer to invite reservations for Vouchers redeemable against dining out experiences or events of the Merchant to users of the Website at a special price in accordance with any terms as may be stipulated on the Website at the time of promotion of the offer;
“Merchant” means the third party supplier of goods and/or services who has agreed to accept presentation of the Voucher as full or part payment for the obligation to provide the dining out experiences or events;
“Microsite” means any auxiliary website supplementary to the Website;
“Payment Details” means the electronic payment details validly entered by you on the Website upon reservation of a Voucher;
“Service” means all or any of the services provided by Digital Food Limited through the Website (or via other electronic or other communication from Digital Food Limited) including the information services, content and transaction capabilities on the Website (including the ability to make a Purchase);
“Voucher” means a voucher issued by us to you on behalf of the Merchant, which entitles the Customer to redeem specified dining out experiences or events from a specified Merchant in accordance with the terms of the Offer;
“Website” means www.TheTaste.ie website and any other websites or Microsite, generated by the Company through which Customers are invited to make reservations for Vouchers; and “You” or “you” or “Your” or “your” means the Customer.
(a) Any reference to any provision of any legislation shall include any modification re- enactment or extension thereof.
(b) A person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality).
(c) A reference to a party includes its personal representatives, successors or permitted assigns.
(d) Any phrase introduced by the terms “including”, “include”, “in particular” or any similar expression shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words preceding those terms.
(e) A reference to “writing” or “written” includes faxes and e-mails.
3. Unless otherwise specified on the Website at the time of the promotion of the offer, the Service and the Vouchers on this Website are directed solely at those who access this Website from the Republic of Ireland. We make no representation that the Service and/or any Voucher Products referred to on this Website are appropriate for use, or available, in other locations outside the Republic of Ireland. Those who choose to access this Website from other countries are responsible for compliance with Applicable Laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
4. The Website, Service and any Purchase are for your non-commercial, personal use only and must not be used for business purposes.
4. The Service
1. We provide the Service in order to enable you to dining out experiences or events advertised on our Website at special prices.
2. We act as sales agent to each of the Merchants advertising Vouchers through Offers on the Website.
3. To use the Service and make a Purchase you must be 18 years of age or over.
4. Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Service we provide on our Website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
5. The Vouchers / Tickets
1. All Vouchers/Tickets are promotional vouchers that are offered for Purchase at a special price and are subject to any terms, restrictions and conditions associated with the respective offer.
2. All Vouchers shall contain a redemption period on the Website at the time of the promotion of the offer, during which time the Customer can redeem the Voucher for the dining out experience or event at the special price.
6. The Transaction
1. If you choose to reserve a Voucher advertised on the Website you will need to complete the necessary steps as per the instructions set out on the Website. On entering your Payment Details, you authorise us to charge you for the cost of the Deal, but this does not constitute any obligation on our part to sell you a Voucher or Voucher Product.
2. Should Activation of the Offer occur, we will process your Payment Details submitted to us upon reservation of the Voucher. A contract for purchase of the dining out experiences or events shall only be made between you and the Merchant when we email you confirming the Purchase has completed.
4. Subject to the terms of the respective Deal and subject always to the Activation of the Offer and entry of valid Payment Details we will:
(a) email the Voucher to you at the email address which you provided to us upon reservation of the Voucher; or
(b) make the Voucher available for download by you; or
5. We shall retain details of the Purchase. We shall not retain your Payment Details.
7. Redemption of the Vouchers
1. Upon Activation of the Deal, the Voucher shall be redeemable by you from the Merchant for the specified Voucher Products during the redemption period specified on the Voucher.
2. The Merchant shall honour its obligation to provide Voucher Products upon the presentation of the Voucher by you, other than in the event of fraud or where that redemption would breach Applicable Laws.
3. The restrictions, if any, in relation to the combination of redemption of the Voucher with any other promotions, vouchers, third party certificates, coupons or other conditions shall be at the discretion of the Merchant and shall be set out on the face of the Voucher and/or on the Website in accordance with the terms advertised in relation to the respective Offer.
4. Where your Voucher has reached or is past the validity period set out at the time of the promotion of the offer, it shall be deemed to have expired. Expired Vouchers are deemed to be void and the Merchant is under no obligation to provide you with any goods or services in respect of your Voucher. Digital Food Limited will not refund Vouchers which have expired.
8. Your Rights
1. Refunds/Cooling Off Period
(a) Subject always to the provisions of clause 8.1(c), once you receive confirmation of your Purchase, you are entitled to a cooling off period in which you may cancel your Purchase at any time within 7 days from the day on which you receive the confirmation (the “Cooling Off Period”) provided you have not already redeemed the Voucher.
(b) If you wish to cancel your Purchase during the Cooling Offer Period, you must notify us via the Contact Page.
(c) You shall not be entitled to cancel your Purchase during the Cooling Off Period if the voucher has been redeemed or partially redeemed before the end of the cancellation period referred to at clause 8.1(a) and/or before you notify us of your intent to cancel your Purchase during the Cooling Offer Period.
(d) After the 7 day Cooling Off Period set out in clause 8.1(a), we do not provide refunds.
(a) If, after redemption of the Voucher, you are not satisfied with any aspect of the Voucher Product you may request a refund, provided that:
1. Such request if made within 5 Business Days of redemption of the Voucher (or such other reasonable time period as determined by Digital Food Limited in their sole discretion);
2. Any such request is in writing and sent via the Contact Page, outlining the date of redemption, a description of the Voucher Product and details of the complaint; and
3. The complaint was addressed to the Merchant as a point of first recourse.
(b) In order to make a complaint please contact us via the Contact Page. We will be pleased to help and explain the complaints procedure in more detail.
(c) We shall reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to approve or deny any such refund request in accordance with Applicable Laws.
3. Redemption Refusal
(a) If, upon presentation of the Voucher the Merchant refuses to supply some or all of the Voucher Products in accordance with the terms of the Deal, you may request a refund.
(b) In order to request a refund arising from the refusal by the Merchant to redeem the Voucher in accordance with the terms of the offer please contact us via the Contact Page outlining your experience with the Merchant and providing the reasons for the refusal, if any reason was given.
(c) We shall reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to approve or deny any such refund request in accordance with Applicable Laws.
(D) If, the Merchant has been paid in full by us, refunds due to you in the event of an insolvency situation with the Merchant must be referred to the Merchant.
4. Lost/Stolen Vouchers
Neither we nor the Merchant are responsible for lost or stolen Vouchers. You should treat the Voucher and the Voucher security number as if it were cash. No replacement Voucher can be issued in respect of lost or stolen Vouchers.
9. Your Obligations
1. Digital Food Limited sells Vouchers via the Website that can be redeemed for Voucher Products from a Merchant. You must provide a valid e-mail address in order to purchase a Voucher and a valid email in order to make a Purchase from the Website.
2. You warrant that all information (including Payment Details) provided to us in order to Purchase a Voucher is true, complete and accurate.
3. You agree that you will abide by the terms of the offer and the terms and conditions of the Merchant in respect of any Vouchers which you choose to Purchase.
4. You warrant that you are legally entitled to Purchase a Voucher and be doing so, you acknowledge that you have read, accepted and understood the terms attaching to the offer.
5. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Voucher Products which will be made available by the Merchant on redemption of a Voucher meet your specific requirements before you reserve and Purchase a Voucher.
6. The following uses of the Website, the Services and Vouchers are expressly prohibited and you undertake not to do (or to permit anyone else to do) any of the following:
(a) resell the Voucher;
(b) furnish false data including false names, addresses and contact details and fraudulent use of credit/debit card numbers;
(c) entering into fraudulent interactions or transactions with us or a Merchant (which shall include entering into interactions or transactions purportedly on behalf of a third party where you have no authority to bind that third party or you are pretending to be a third party);
(e) engage in any unlawful activity in connection with the use of the Website and/or the Service or any Voucher; or
(f) engage in any conduct which, in our exclusive reasonable opinion, restricts or inhibits any other customer from properly using or enjoying the Website and Service.
10. Our Obligations
2. The Service and use of the Website and the making of any Purchase does not include the provision of a computer or other necessary equipment to access the Website or the Service or making of any Purchase. To use the Website or Service or to make a Purchase, the Customer will require internet connectivity and appropriate telecommunications links.
3. The material displayed on our Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. However, we will use all reasonable endeavours to correct any errors or omissions on the Website as soon as practicable after being notified of them. We do not guarantee that the Service or the Website will be free of faults (or that the Vouchers will be free of error) and we do not accept liability for any errors or omissions.
4. We do not warrant that the use of the Service or the Website will be uninterrupted and we do not warrant that any information (or messages) transmitted via the Service or the Website will be transmitted accurately, reliably, securely, in a timely manner or at all.
5. We do not give any warranty that the Service or the Website is free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
6. We will use all reasonable endeavours to allow uninterrupted access to the Service and the Website; however, access to the Service and the Website may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time.
7. We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute, suspend or remove without notice any information or service on the Website or forming part of the Service from time to time.
8. We assume no responsibility for functionality which is dependent on the Merchant or Customer’s browser or other third party software to operate.
9. We aim to update our Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
10. We do not warrant that the Voucher Products will be fit for purpose or free of defects
11. We do not warrant that the terms and conditions of the Voucher will be listed in their entirety on either the Voucher or the Website – Customers should always refer to both.
11. Suspension and Termination
2. Furthermore, you hereby acknowledge that any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Website is done at your own discretion and risk and that you waive any right to bring any claim or action against Digital Food Limited or its successors, assigns, directors, officers, employees and agents for any loss, damage or injury arising from use of the Website.
13. Limitation of Liability
2. Although rigorous protocols are applied to the Website Digital Food Limited does not make any warranty that the Website is free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating properties.
3. Digital Food Limited does not accept any liability for any losses or claims arising from any inability to access the Website.
4. If your use of material on the Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
1. The materials contained in the Website may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors.
Digital Food Limited does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the materials or the reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed or distributed through the Website. You acknowledge that any reliance on any such opinion, statement, memorandum or information shall be at your own risk. Digital Food Limited reserves the right in its sole discretion to correct any errors or omissions in any section of the Website.
15. Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
1. You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
2. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
3. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
16. Links from Our Website
1. Where the Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
17. Dealings with Merchants
1. Your correspondence or dealings with, or participation with Merchants found on our Website are solely between you and such Merchant. You agree that Digital Food Limited shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as a result of the presence of such Merchants on the Website.
2. For Merchants using our management console, all payments due to venues are for served customers only, by law Digital Food Ltd must be able to complete refunds direct to customers who have not been served. In accordance with GDPR laws we can only disclose the email addresses of the customers you have served. Due to National Consumer Law meaning we have to allow 14 days after the campaign validity has expired to issue payments. By clicking the Redeem button below you are confirming you have fully served that customer. Fraudulently Redeeming Vouchers will result in a full paper audit of this campaign.
18. Intellectual Property
1. You acknowledge that all trade marks, trade names, service marks, rights (registered or unregistered) in any designs, applications for any of the foregoing; trade or business names; innovations, inventions whether or not capable of protection by patent or registration, registered design and topography rights; know-how, including data specifications, drawings and instructions; secret formulae and processes; rights protecting goodwill and reputation; database rights and rights under licences and consents in relation to such things, rights in the nature of unfair competition rights, and rights to sue for passing of and all rights or forms of protection of a similar nature to any of the foregoing or having equivalent effect anywhere in the world; copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in and relating to the Website (hereinafter referred to as “Intellectual Property”) are solely owned by us. You may not reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, the Intellectual Property.
2. All other trademarks, product names and company logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
3. All website design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof and all software are copyright of Digital Food Limited. These do not include logos and graphics which are the property of the Merchants and/or any other third parties. All rights are reserved.
19. Data Protection
20. Force Majeure
1. No Partnership or Joint Venture
2. No Other Terms
23. Entire Agreement
3. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude any liability for fraud.
25 Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
Your Data & GDPR
At TheTaste, the privacy and protection of personal data is treated with the utmost seriousness. Our privacy statement sets out the data protection practices currently in place within the company. We fully endorse and adhere to the principles of the Data Protection Acts 1998 and 2003 and also the GDPR regulations of 2018. Specifically, we state that we will: Obtain and process information fairly. Keep it only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purpose. Use and disclose it only in ways compatible with these purposes. Keep it safe and secure. Keep it accurate, complete and up to date. Ensure that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive. Retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes intended. Give a copy of his/her personal data to that individual, on written request. If at any time you believe that this web site has not adhered to these principles, please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com and we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and correct the problem.
TheTaste will collect data on our customers for different purposes which are detailed below. Your data can be reviewed by yourself at any time by submitting an access request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to delete your information from our database at any time by again emailing your details to email@example.com
This data will be used for sending marketing materials and reviewing analytical data relating to purchases, bookings and website usage.
Data Access Requests
TheTaste provides for data access requests from our customers. This information will be returned to the customer within one month of request.
TheTaste also provides a free opt-out service for all data subjects. It is a clearly identifiable opt-out mechanism for each individual marketing platform and is available to all our customers free of charge. Full extraction from all platforms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing full deletion request.
Storing and transferring your Personal Data
In operating our website and marketing efforts it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.