This teriyaki chicken recipe is simple to throw together, perfect for a midweek dinner. It’s also a great fakeaway recipe!
Time: 20 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- Rice – prepared for final shot
- Begin by making the teriyaki sauce. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water to create a slurry.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the teriyaki sauce to the skillet and stir well to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the cornstarch slurry to the skillet and stir well to combine. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened even more and the chicken is well coated.
- Serve the teriyaki chicken over rice and garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Teriyaki Chicken Recipe With Rice