Cocktail of the Month: Tequila Me Softly by Peruke & Periwig
Great songs pass the test of time, they bring us back to cherished memories and emotions. At Peruke & Periwig, they have created a cocktail menu inspired in famous tunes… Rock, pop, reggae and more genres are represented on their list and for this month we have selected Tequila Me Softly, “a fairly full-on flavor explosion with the pineapple, tequila blanco and Aperol triangle working its magic, bolstered with a dram of smoke at the end.”
– 1 strawberry, muddled
– 20 milliliters lemon juice
– 10 milliliters honey syrup (1.5:1 ratio)
– 40 milliliters pineapple juice
– 35 milliliters tequila blanco (like El Jimador)
– 15 milliliters Aperol
– 3 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
– 1 bar spoon peated Scotch (like Tallisker 10)
– Angostura bitters (to garnish)
1. Muddle strawberry and combine ingredients in a shaker.
2. Shake with ice and fine strain into a chilled coupe.
3. Garnish with three Angostura bitters hearts.
Peruke & Periwig cocktail bar is a unique and memorable drinking and dining experience on Dublin’s thriving Dawson Street.
Open seven nights a week, the ground floor bar offers guests a draught pint, bottle of craft beer or delicious coffee as well as an extensive selection of the finest cocktails, whiskeys, spirits, liqueurs and wines.
If you’re feeling a little peckish have a look at the tasty bar snacks and signature sandwiches.
Diners and drinkers are most welcome on our first and second lounge areas where you can peruse their expertly mixed cocktails menu. Dine from a comprehensive, modern Irish menu for lunch, brunch or dinner whilst enjoying your decadent surroundings.