Tahini Dukkah Egg Salad Recipe with Mediterranean Veg by Peachy Palate
Quite the mouthful! I’m a huge egg salad fan. Yes, there are more pleasant smells, but as I don’t work in an office and I’m not at all opposed to eating egg salad for breakfast, lunch or dinner. With all the other ingredients, especially the beautiful dukkah, the aroma of this Tahini Dukkah Egg Salad Recipe is a little more appealing than you would expect.
Straight up egg salad and my avocado egg salad are two of my favourites. I just find the mingled up creamy protein rich concoctions so darn satisfying.
When I’m feeling a little fancy this Tahini Dukkah Egg Salad Recipe will most definitely be my new go to. The mixture of roast diced veggies, tahini and toasted crunchy dukkah is in one word, awesome.
I devoured this straight from the bowl, a little watercress underneath the mound on a plate. I pretty much inhaled both servings, it’s so incredibly addicting.
– 4 large hard boiled eggs peeled and diced
– 2 tbsp (32g) tahini
– 2 tbsp lemon juice
– 2 tbsp water
– 1/4 tsp pink himilayan rock salt
– 1/2 tsp black pepper
– 1 tbsp dukkah
For the Vegetables
– 1/2 small zucchini diced
– 1/2 small red bell pepper diced
– 1/2 small eggplant diced
– 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
2. Place diced veg. on a baking tray, toss with olive oil and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Until tender and lightly charred.
3. Allow vegetables to cool.
4. Whisk together tahini, water, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Season to your own taste.
5. Mix together diced hard boiled eggs, dukkah, cooled veggies and dressing.
6. Serve piled high in a bowl, in a lettuce cup or a bed of fresh watercress. Some homemade crackers would also be a treat!
I’m Shel but some people call me “Peachy”…I’m the food loving, fitness fanatic, blogger behind Peachy Palate, a website which is now my hub for all the paleo, keto and grain free recipes I create, hoping to inspire people to think outside the box, eating whole foods that truly nourish. Fueled by a desire to improve my own health I love to create sweet and savoury recipes, sharing them with the world ensuring no one need feel deprived regardless of their dietary restrictions or preferences. Living in Wicklow, Ireland, when not dreaming up recipes I’m lifting with the men folk in my local gym, tapped into social media or out on the road delivering, merchandising and being a super duper brand ambassador for a local health food company.
My relationship with food wasn’t always so bright, in fact it wasn’t at all harmonious for quite sometime. Having overcome a decade of eating disorders I’m in the best place I’ve ever been. I’m happy, healthy, confident and I now enjoy every nourishing mouthful, giving my body what it needs. One of my favourite quotes from a sensational foodie … “Nothing is too much trouble if it turns out the way it should.” Julia Child. Life, love and food! www.peachypalate.com