Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Lemon, Pine Nuts and Sage butter Recipe by The Wonky Spatula
This is one of those recipes that will make you do a happy dance around the kitchen once you try it – the ultimate comfort food.
800g sweet potato, peeled and cut into wedges 1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups of ground almonds (200g)
1 cup arrowroot powder (60g)
1 cup coconut flour (60g) 1⁄2 tsp garlic granules
1 tsp baking soda
150g grassfed butter
Large handful of fresh sage leaves
4 cloves of garlic
Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
Large handful toasted pine nuts
Pinch of coarse sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Lay the sweet potato on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with some coarse sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Bake the sweet potato in the oven at 200°C / 400°F for 15 minutes until tender.
- Remove from the oven and mash before allowing to cool slightly.
- Once the mash has cooled down add to a large bowl and combine with the ground almonds, arrowroot powder, coconut flour, garlic granules and baking soda.
- Next beat the egg and combine thoroughly until all the ingredients form a nice ball.
- Place in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours, or even overnight if you can spare the time!
- To make the gnocchi, dust a chopping board with some extra coconut flour, slice the dough into equal sections. Roll each of those sections out on the coconut flour into a 1-inch rope, before cutting each rope into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- Once all the dough has been cut, use a gnocchi paddle or fork to create indentations in the gnocchi.
- Next, bring a pot of water to a boil with a pinch of salt, before adding in the gnocchi stages.
- Letitcookforacoupleminutes,oncethegnocchifloatstothesurfaceofthewater,letitboilfor30 more seconds and then remove it from the water using a slotted spoon. (Continue this process until you have cooked all of the gnocchi)
Recipe from The Wonky Spatula New Book – Cook Healthy, Live Happy