This Sweet Potato Brownie Recipe is from The Cake Café. This delicious guilt free brownie is the perfect dessert to impress your friends.
– 1kg sweet potato
– 9 eggs
– 180ml Honey
– 1 tsp Vanilla
– 180ml Sunflower Oil
– 100g Cocao Powder
– 200g Ground Almonds
– 1⁄2 tsp Salt
– 1 tsp Baking Powder
– Mixed Nuts
– 100g Peanut Butter
1. Line a 12” X 12” baking tray
2. Chop the sweet potato, boil, drain the water and mash.
3. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix eggs with honey, vanilla, sunflower oil and add sweet potato in a separate bowl.
4. Mix wet ingredients with dry.
5. Put into the lined baking tray and add teaspoons of peanut butter, swirl around and sprinkle
nuts on top.
6. Bake at 180 for 25/30 mins.
Ray O’Neill is the owner of two award winning Dublin based cafes; SLICE in Stoneybatter and The Cake Cafe in Dublin 8. He is a Ballymaloe trained chef and it is the Ballymaloe ethos that transpires to his menus in both cafes. He has created some exciting weekly specials in his cafes such as #durtydonutthursday with nostalgic summer ice-cream flavoured doughnuts (think tangle twister and 99’s specials) and #frenchtoastfriday which is the recipe supplied.