- 600 g new potatoes perfect for this style of dish because they are buttery & so delicious!
- 3 tbsp crème fraiche
- 1.5 Tbsp mustard Swedish mustard ideally, or Dijon or English mustard
- 3 Medium spring onions
- 1 Handful dill Roughly Chopped
- Chop new potatoes into cubes
- Bring pot of water to the boil with a little salt
- Add potatoes and boil for around 5 minutes until tender
- Drain and then run under cold water to cool potatoes quickly
- Slice spring union and leave the green parts to garnish
- For the dressing, mix your crème fraiche, mustard, white parts of spring onion and half of dill
- Add salt and pepper to your dressing according to your own preference
- Tumble in your potatoes and stir all together to coat
- Garnish with remaining spring onion and dill
- Serve & enjoy!
Swedish Style Midsummer Salad By GastroGays, Russell Alford and Patrick Hanlon We put together this recipe for Stena Line as the ferry company celebrates its Swedish heritage. It is perfect for Midsummer celebrations, picnics, BBQs and any alfresco dining occasions you may have. It is a little less creamy and lighter than traditional potato salads. This style has a whack of mustard and a hefty amount of dill, like the ones we have enjoyed in Sweden many times over the years. Stena Line is encouraging everyone to ‘Swedify’ their life, with a special prize draw to win a range of prizes from a year’s free Stena Line travel to £2,500 in IKEA vouchers. To enter, visit https://www.facebook.com/StenaLineUKIE/
Calories: 94kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 3gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.1gSodium: 56mgPotassium: 449mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 92IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!