Summer Salad Recipe with Pears, Blue Cheese and Berries from The Food DNA
This delicious, light and refreshing, bursting in flavours summer salad recipe with pears, blue cheese and berries takes only 10 minutes to make.
This dish is perfect for these summer days, especially now that all the salad greens and berries are in season. Fruity and zingy vinaigrette enhances the flavours of blackberries and cherries and brings this salad to the whole new level of deliciousness.
– 1 cup of spinach
– ½ cup of fine green beans
– Thinly sliced pear
– A handful of chopped pecan nuts
– Fresh cherries
– Fresh blackberries
– Crumbled blue cheese (I used Fourme d’Ambert from Sheridans)
– 1 tbsp raspberry vinegar
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp honey
1. Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing vinegar, oil and honey. I usually put those in a small jar and shake it until fully emulsified.
2. In large bowl add all salad ingredients and toss with the vinaigrette. Divide the salad onto individual plates.
3. Sprinkle more pecan nuts, crumbled cheese over the salad and serve.
4. I also thought it was only fair to pair this great salad with a great wine. I had a little glass of Vouvray, which worked really nicely.
5. Juicy cherries, succulent pears and savoury blue cheese with delicate and creamy Vouvray with notes of ripe peaches and figs – it was like a match made in heaven. Bon Appétit!
With background in clinical nutrition and pharmaceutical sciences Jelena is a self-proclaimed foodie. She combines love and passion for cooking with unique skill of being able to create dishes that taste great and are of a high nutritional value, making sure you eat the best when you do.
Her kitchen is the food lab full of soul and passion where she happily spends hours experimenting. Her recipe collection is like a treasure chest that has something for each and every one.